Saturday 22 March 2014

I slip off your chestpiece, quietly whispering my apologies for breaking your set bonus...

Ever been to Goldshire?

Of course you have.

Ever been to Goldshire on a RP server?

No?

I envy you.

So after completing the opening quests in Ammen Vale, I decided to head to Westfall, my favourite zone. I needed to stop off in Goldshire to learn mining and sell a few things clogging up bags.

Immediately upon my arrival (and quite unsurprisingly) I came across a Night Elf Druid in bear form purring like a cat, and then being treated by two rogues to a rather public display of "hide the sausage."


I'm a curious person by nature. My favourite word is "Why?"

And this got me thinking. Why do people do the whole "erotic role playing" thing? What do they gain from it? It's essentially cyber, with a monthly subscription, and until now, I'd just chuckled to myself whenever I'd see people ERP. So I looked up some forums for some more information as to why people do this.

"It's the only action I get." claims someone on MMO-Champ, somewhat jokingly. (I hope!)

The rest of the posts were more or less people's opinions on whether ERP is right or wrong. Nothing terribly informative. So I decided to hang around Goldshire Inn for a bit, to see if I picked anything up there. Sadly, people seemed more pre-occupied with the Horde that were attacking.

I doubt I'll figure this one out tonight, I'll have to come back to it.

But for now, with the Horde attacking I'm getting out of Goldshire as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment